Home education sessions
Home-education is an alternative to children attending school; many families choose to exercise their legal right to take primary responsibility for the education of their children. We provide an environment where you can come & develop natural, child led teaching opportunities.
Bring food for the fire and cook with your children. All we ask is that you supervise your children and that if you cook you cook with them, if they work in woodcraft, you work with them and if they want to play and socialise you keep an eye on them.
Yes, you can just turn up but our sessions do get booked up so it’s best to book online before you visit.
Who can come?
- This session is suitable for children aged 3 and over accompanied by their parents or carers.
- We also welcome younger children attending with older siblings.
Use of all our facilities including:
- exploration and construction
- whittling and woodcraft – staffed
- shelter building
- tree & bug identification
- fire lighting skills
- nature detectives
- archery – staffed
- air rifle shooting – staffed
- zip wire
- rope swing
- low ropes
- open fire lit for all your outdoor cookery needs, bring your ingredient and experiment on the fire
What do you need to bring?
- A snack and drink – or a donation for our tea station
- Appropriate clothing – waterproofs and wellies recommended